Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tree Found

















The last few years we have been finding our perfect Christmas Tree out Wildcat Mountain Rd in Sandy. I freak out when we get into the mountains, on the skinny roads, with cliffs on the side and ice/snow on the road. So, I really like this location, there is hardly any snow to deal with. There are many clearcuts to chose from with smaller new trees growing. That makes for easy viewing of children as the wander off . We missed going with the Yates this year.
We had to get 4 trees this year, two for our ward Christmas program, one for Dave and Rexine (my inlaws), and one for our house. Jordan was a great help, Jonas slept through the whole thing, Delaney tripped over every branch,twig, plant that had any elevation over the surface and Holland just had fun tromping through the woods. Jordan said in regard to Delaney "she is the most clumsy and non woods savy person in our family, I fully find she is very unstable on flat surfaces". That has quite a meaning when it is coming from Jordan - he held that title before she took it. Holland said he liked it when we found the Christmas tree. He didn't like getting wet or his ride home in his underwear wrapped in the baby's blanket. He found the whole thing rather 'breezy" and unpleasant.
Traditionally we head out the weekend of Thanksgiving and decorate the tree on that Saturday or Sunday. This year we took a little longer to decorate and arrived at completion in the middle of the following Monday with half the family not involved. As a result we ended up with a tree decorated by Josie, Holland and Delaney and for the first time in the Moore household, the dad did not do the lights and we ended up with a multi colored tree - aptly named The Dr. Suess Tree - due to the colors. Decorations where simplified this year because I am choosing not to deal with unpacking Christmas while I am trying to clean out and pack up the house. More on that subject later.











2 comments:

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

You are moving? Um...where? When? Talk fast! :)

Amber said...

Yes, we are moving. That is one of the reasons why I decided to start the whole blog thing. John was accepted in an education program in Yakima and is scheduled to start school on March 2nd. My house is on the market, I know, bad timing. Consequently, I am packing every unnecessary object. That turns out to be an entire cargo trailer full. We have also been painting the kids rooms and finishing up stuff that should have been done before now. Since you have never seen the house, you should check out the listing: http://equitygroupbroadwayoffice.oregon.remax.com/listings/ListingDetail_r4.aspx?LID=59066111&RFRSKNID=85&#aTop. I don't know if the link will work. My info is zip code 97267, listed with remax, priced at $319K, 2 baths, three bdrms. MLS# 8104250

If you know of anyone in the market for a house, send them my way.