Sunday, March 15, 2009

On the sad side of things...

Opposite the terribly fun night to WICKED, I taught my last step class at Clackamas on Friday the 13th - what a sad night for me. Many of these women I have known the entire 9 years I taught the class at the college, some of them I have known for 7 years and some 5 years. Nonetheless, I have known them a while and when you are in a group of women with a common goal and purpose - you have the opportunity to bond. It was a sad night for all of us. I think what I find most weighing about the experience is that while there was class - we all had something, someone and some place that represented this obstacle we all face - self image. Although it is just a class no longer being taught - it actually represented quite a bit more - to most of the woman in the class including myself.

No comments: