Saturday, April 10, 2010

Past meets the Present


I was just sitting here trying to think of an update for this blog, that truly is more of a chore for me. With the hours I spend at the computer you would think I could post something more often. Well....... anyway.

This is what I spent the evening doing, after baths,Sunday clothes and organizing the church bag for tomorrow.

This is a photo of the headstone belonging to Elijah W Smith, who is my direct Fletcher line ancestor. Until tonight, I did not have his birthday or death date. I only knew where he had lived. So more of the puzzle solved.

He was born in 1785 and died in 1873. I think it is amazing!

2 comments:

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

So how did you run across this photo? Did you take the photo or did you find it online? I am curious about the story behind it.

The Martins said...

Umm yeah, you need to work you mojo on my genealogy mysteries.